Due to the unfortunate circumstances back in March 2011, the 2011 JAL Scholarship Programme did not push through. However, this 2012, the Japan Airlines Scholarship Programme is once again open to applicants.
One participant from the Philippines will fly to Japan and take part in lectures, discussions, and fieldwork designed around this year’s main theme: “Bringing Back a Vibrant Japan”.
The JAL Foundation and Japan Airlines will shoulder airline tickets to and from Japan, as well as transport, accommodations, and insurance costs of all Scholars during the length of the Programme.
Prospective applicants to the JAL Scholarship Programme must satisfy criteria composed of the following:
• Must be a sophomore in an undergraduate course or a post graduate student of a Philippine college or university;
• Must be 20 to 24 years old when the program commences;
• Must possess a Japanese Language Proficiency Test certificate for at least Level 3 or Level N4;
• Must not have lived, stayed, or studied in, nor repeatedly traveled to Japan prior to the contest.
• Must be healthy, cheerful, and able to get along well with others.
College and University students who have satisfied the above criteria, and wish to apply for the Programme, are asked to submit the following requirements:
• A handwritten essay in Japanese centering around the theme “Bringing Back a Vibrant Japan”;
• The essay should be composed of approximately 1200 characters, and must be hand-written on a standard A4 sheet;
• Four copies of the essay must be produced and submitted without any identifying marks whatsoever;
• Submit a sealed envelope containing a fifth copy of the essay bearing the applicant’s signature, accompanied by:
– a signed bio-data;
– two 2×2 ID pictures with the applicant’s name written in the back;
– a certificate of enrollment from their college or university;
– a photocopy of the applicants’s JLPT N4 Certificate.
Applications may be hand-carried or sent via courier to The JAL Scholarship Programme, Japan Airlines, 2nd Floor The Skyplaza Building, 6788 Ayala Avenue, Oledan Square, Makati City 1226, Metro Manila (MAP) on or before 13th April 2012.
For inquiries and clarifications, you may contact Ms. Rosalie Bailon or Ms. Chat Jao at +632-886-6991 to 94.