The Japan Foundation is offering scholarships to outstanding students of Japanese language at the high school level, to provide them with the opportunity to visit Japan.
The aim of the programme is to to deepen these students’ understanding of the Japanese language, culture, and society through lectures, study tours and exchange program with Japanese high school students.
The programme will take place from 29th June to 13th July 2011, at the The Japan Foundation’s Japanese-Language Institute in Osaka, Japan.
The Institute will bear the expenses such as economy airline tickets, airport and travel taxes (but not passport and visa applications), tuition fees, accommodations, meals, travel insurance, and expenses related to their curricullum.
To qualify for selection, the student must be:
– a Filipino citizen between the ages of 15 and 18 at the start of the program
– presently studying Japanese language at a Philippine high school
– possesses a JLPT Level 4 or N5 certificate, or equivalent ability
– have not stayed in Japan for more than 7 days in the last 5 years
– have no other plans to visit Japan for study or training except for this program
– have not completed compulsory education in Japan
– in good physical and mental health
To apply, fill out this application form in triplicate, and enclose three photocopies of your JLPT Certificate and Score Report. Submit all requirements on or before 25th April 2011 at The Japan Foundation Manila, 12F Pacific Star Building, Makati Avenue corner Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati City. For clarifications, you may call them at +63 (2) 811-6155 or visit their website at jfmo.org.ph/.