The Japan Airlines Scholarship Programme is once again open to applicants for 2013. Participants from the Philippines will fly to Japan and take part in lectures, discussions, and fieldwork designed around this year’s main theme: “Bringing Back a Vibrant Japan: The Youth Discuss How Japan in 2050 Should Be”.
The JAL Foundation and Japan Airlines will shoulder airline tickets to and from Japan, as well as transport, accommodations, and insurance costs of all Scholars during the length of the Programme.
Prospective applicants to the JAL Scholarship Programme must satisfy criteria composed of the following:
• Must be at least a sophomore in an undergraduate course or a post graduate student of a Philippine college or university;
• Must be 19 to 24 years old when the program commences;
• Must possess a Japanese Language Proficiency Test certificate for at least Level 3 or Level N4;
• Must be healthy, able to get along well with others, and possesses a keen interest in Japan.
College and University students who have satisfied the above criteria, and wish to apply for the Programme, are asked to submit the following requirements:
• A handwritten essay in Japanese centering around the theme “Bringing Back a Vibrant Japan: The Youth Discuss How Japan in 2050 Should Be”;
• The essay should be composed of approximately 1200 characters, and must be hand-written on a standard A4 sheet;
• Three copies of the essay must be produced, with your name and signature on the final page;
• Submit a sealed envelope containing the three copies of your essay, accompanied by:
– a signed bio-data;
– two 2×2 ID pictures with the applicant’s name written in the back;
– a certificate of enrollment from their college or university;
– a photocopy of the applicants’s JLPT Certificate.
Please click here for the complete set of requirements and other details.
Applications may be hand-carried or sent via courier to The JAL Scholarship Programme, Japan Airlines, 2nd Floor The Skyplaza Building, 6788 Ayala Avenue, Oledan Square, Makati City 1226, Metro Manila (MAP) on or before 15th March 2013.
For inquiries and clarifications, you may contact Ms. Rosalie Bailon or Ms. Chat Jao at +632-886-6991 to 94.