The Japan Airlines Scholarship Programme was launched in 1975 to provide students from the Asia Pacific region opportunities to take up short-term studies in Japan.
One participant from the Philippines will fly to Japan and take part in lectures, discussions, and fieldwork designed around this year’s main theme: “How to Recreate the Vitality of Japan: Discuss and Search the Strengths and Weaknesses of Japan”.
The Programme will run from the 26th of June to the 19th of July 2011. The JAL Foundation and Japan Airlines will shoulder airline tickets to and from Japan, as well as transport, accommodations, and insurance costs of all Scholars during the length of the Programme.
Prospective applicants to the JAL Scholarship Programme must satisfy criteria composed of the following:
• Must be a sophomore in an undergraduate course or a post graduate student of a Philippine college or university;
• Must be 20 to 24 years old when the program commences;
• Must possess a Japanese Language Proficiency Test certificate for at least Level 3 or Level N4;
• Must not have lived, stayed, or studied in, nor repeatedly traveled to Japan prior to the contest.
• Must be healthy, cheerful, and able to get along well with others.
College and University students who have satisfied the above criteria, and wish to apply for the Programme, are asked to submit the following requirements:
• Write an essay in Japanese centering around the theme ” How to Recreate the Vitality of Japan: Discuss and Search the Strengths and Weaknesses of Japan “;
• The essay should be composed of approximately 1200 characters, and must be hand-written on a standard A4 sheet;
• Four copies of the essay must be produced and submitted without any identifying marks whatsoever;
• Submit a sealed envelope containing a fifth copy of the essay bearing the applicant’s signature, accompanied by:
– a signed bio-data;
– two 2×2 ID pictures with the applicant’s name written in the back;
– a certificate of enrollment from their college or university.
Applications may be hand-carried or sent via courier to The JAL Scholarship Programme, Japan Airlines, 2nd Floor The Skyplaza Building, 6788 Ayala Avenue, Oledan Square, Makati City 1226, Metro Manila (MAP) on or before 13th April 2011.
For inquiries and clarifications, you may contact Ms. Rosalie Bailon or Ms. Chat Jao at +632-886-6991 to 94 (phone).